01/2024 hobby summary

Decided to do a bit more of a monthly summary approach this year, just to stay in touch with my plans since (at least until now) they changed quite dynamically!

I'll try and publish these once around the middle of each month so it's easier to track and see how are things going!

This one is posted quite late because I was not sure if I want to do it but finally convinced myself! More of a glimps into my plans and hobby priorities if you will :)

The status for late December was:

WIP:
15mm Humvee  - needs windows/headlights etc.
6 Legions imperialis mechanicus terrain - drop it as it's not needed?
Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - needs another coat of green - drop after that?
Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint

Planned
Legions imperialis army - something small to check the system. Need a list which I can build up to/from.


January:

The year started with an unexpected Mordheim game!
Initially, I wanted to use grey plastic/resin but decided that I did not want that. 
It's not a game I play regularly (the last game was over two years ago!), so I had no big pressure to have a full new warband painted (especially since I already had a dark elf one painted with a lot of options). 

But in the end, I decided it's not in my style to play greys if I have the time to put on at least basic colors.

A quick airbrush session (prolonged just a little bit) and I had pushed them waaay more than I was planning on! A few days after the game, (AFTER I decided that I was not going to paint them up just yet because I'm not really sure when the next game will pop up) (even though I kind of hate the fact that they are half done and just lying there) a news bomb dropped!

Frostgrave author will be on Pyrkon this year and will be actually playing games of Frostgrave!
I dream come true (of a dream I technically never had)!
I never played any Frostgrave so found that to be a wonderful opportunity to start! And since I already had a few models started in painting I decided to add a few more to have some kind of basic warband ready.

Looks like legions Imperialis will be pushed back a bit more


I also have a few things in painting that I don't really want to paint but they are halfway done (probably an under-evaluation of their state) and it would make it so much cleaner :)

I would like to start working on the 6/15 mm terrains but there are still quite a few things to do ...

I don't really need the Frostgrave band rigth now... 
Maybe they should land on hold? But that will be thing number 4 that landed on hold ... and the motivation is there at the moment, no way to tell how the situation will look like in a few weeks/months.

I did manage to finish the last Hummve lenses and finish it at the end of the month!

There was supposed to be a Solaris7 convention in March in Warsaw but it moved to March so I'm not sure I'll be able to catch that.

The status for  the end of January is:

Done:
  1. 15mm Humvee  - needs windows/headlights etc.
  2. 5 Fantasy Frostgrave 28mm miniatures
  3. 3 Legions imperialis mechanicus terrain

WIP:

  1. 3 Legions imperialis mechanicus terrain - I'm finishing them for a how-to-paint video!
  2. Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - they got another green coat - drop after that?
  3. 4 Fantasy Frostgrave 28mm miniatures that need finishing up
  4. 2 Fantasy Frostgrave 28mm miniatures that need full time painting (Mage + apprentice) 
  5. Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squat - basecoat and shades. probably drop after this since I only wanted to test them with the new Solar Auxilia?
  6. Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - base + highlights + red - drop? finish? Not sure!
  7. Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint

Planned
  1. Legions imperialis army - something small to check the system. Need a list that I can build up to/from.
  2. Maybe some Gaslands cars? It's been over 5 years since I last made any and I potentially found some new (old) players!
  3. 6mm terrains!



Got some done! 
A lot of things jumped to WIP (which is bad)!
I probably need to drop most of what I currently keep as WIP and just finish the projects closest to closing.
One how to paint video half way recorded!


Comments