New year Mordheim

 Starting off 2024 with some Mordheim! 

Two games(!) since the first one was ultra fast!

Since this is not a game I play ... often I was actually planning on using unpainted models!
But that idea quickly died in my head. Most of the models that you see on my side (humans) are WIP after a single and quite quick airbrush session, be reasonable :)


Scenario one. In theory take and hold the blue objective markers, 3 per player. Darker ones are mine, lighter ones are Beastmen. In theory because In practice I went for the markers while my opponent went on a killing spree.



Beastmen infantry moves through the narrow gap while the Centigor and warhound move behind cover on the left side of the board.


While I stay out of range of the beastmen charge the Centigor's rage kicks in. He charges at my pesant but fails all attacks (so does the pesant).


Archers are ready while youngbloods move for the objectives.


Humans charge in on the beastmen who set up to try and save the Centigor.


Centigor dies, along with one beastmen.


Archers kill one more and knock another one down.


Beastmen pile in with the rest of their warband but the charges do not go as planned.



Humans quickly dispatch the mutant forces!



Game 2
Scenario: The missing nobles son 


I set up my archers on both flanks while the rest moved in the middle the left one was quite helpful but the right one failed miserably 
Beastmen  start packed dead center.



I am able to reach the center first and decide to go all in and take the charge from the enemy next turn

While most of the fighting was done in the middle the warhound sneaked on my right flank to catch the useless archer who failed all of his climb tests each turn.


A courageous charge by one of my warriors in which he actually takes out a beastmen gore



The slaughter begins



and quickly becomes quite chaotic!



While for some time I was able to stand my ground it quickly becomes clear that the dice gods are with me only at times at best and the beastmen warrors while sustaining heavy losses are able to kill off my warriors.

 
A quite expected charge from the back by the chaos warhound (who easily dealt with the archer) wraps the game up.


Some final shots.





2024.01.05 Łódź Stagraf

Comments