02/2024 hobby summary

 Following up on the previous one


End of January status:


WIP:

  1. 3 Legions Imperialis Mechanicus terrain - I'm finishing them for a how-to-paint video!
  2. Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - they got another green coat - drop after that?
  3. 4 Fantasy Frostgrave 28mm miniatures that need finishing up
  4. 2 Fantasy Frostgrave 28mm miniatures that need full-time painting (Mage + apprentice) 
  5. Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squat - basecoat and shades. probably drop after this since I only wanted to test them with the new Solar Auxilia?
  6. Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - base + highlights + red - drop? finish? Not sure!
  7. Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint

Planned
  1. Legions Imperialis army - something small to check the system. Need a list that I can build up to/from.
  2. Maybe some Gaslands cars? It's been over 5 years since I last made any and I potentially found some new (old) players!
  3. 6mm terrain

I made a few attempts for some 1000pts armies for Solar Auxilia and came up with a solution that sounds like a starting point. I also finished some conversion bases for my Baneblade and four leman russes. Also, build two Malcadors with magnetized main guns!

This means that I'm 4 bases of Ogryns from a testable list (the other 4 bases will be enlisted heavy infantry)

I tried some OSL but failed with the attempt...
But while doing so I did paint two blue trolls and a dog-ish creature (like the trolls, the dog not so much)

Done

  • 3 LI buildings and the video with them
  • 2 stands of FSD heavy infantry!
  • 4 fantasy Frostgrave henchmen!

Wip

  • 2 snow trolls 28mm
  • 1 dog-ish creature 28mm
  • Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - drop?
  • 2 Fantasy Frostgrave 28mm miniatures that need full-time painting (Mage + apprentice) 
  • Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squat - added some gold and red. Still thinking about dropping these
  • Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - drop? finish? Not sure!
  • Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint
Planned
  • Legions Imperialis army - something small to check the system. Need a list that I can build up to/from.
  • Maybe some Gaslands cars? It's been over 5 years since I last made any and I potentially found some new (old) players!
  • 6mm terrain

I have a game planned for early march so might do a bit more for Frostgrave/Gaslands since that's what we will be playing!
The Trolls were a nice surprise, almost finished them in February hope to handle them in March!

March should finally have some game time !!

Comments