06/2024 Hobby summary

Status from May:

WIP:

  • 3 Skeletons with hand weapons (28mm)
  • Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - drop?
  • Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squat - added some gold and red. Still thinking about dropping these
  • Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - drop? finish? Not sure!
  • Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint
PLANNED:
  • Legions Imperialis army - something small to check the system. Need a list that I can build up to/from.
  • Maybe some Gaslands cars? It's been over 5 years since I last made any and I potentially found some new (old) players!
What happened:

I Painted like crazy and I painted quite a few things!

For the Pyrkon events I needed four Stompas and since I had the airbrush out and it was loaded with red I decided to paint a few more Orkish things as well (and upgraded the dark elf wizards just a tiny little bit to make them a bit more worthy of playing Frostgrave And painted a skeleton because ... it was easy I guess?)!



A few days before the event one of the people who was supposed to join me in organizing it (one of 3) said that he would not be able to make it, so I had to dig out some old Imperial guard tanks and give them a new coat of paint (WIP picture below I don't have a finished one done yet, but I did finish them)!


I also decided I needed an archive building for FSD which I painted along with two broadcasting towers to a standard that was way higher than I initially expected.
While I was on a roll I also painted 8 more containers like the one you can see in front of the Stompas in the first picture (so a total of 9)!
Somewhere along the way, my "chinesium" airbrush broke its nozzle. I was able to extract and replace it with a spare so I was not blocked but I feel it's reaching its end of life (good thing I bought a better one some time ago!)


So in total:
 
WIP:
  • 3 Skeletons with hand weapons (28mm)
  • Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - drop?
  • Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squat - added some gold and red. Still thinking about dropping these
  • Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - drop? finish? Not sure!
  • Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint
  • two  6mm Orkish warbuggies
  • one 6mm Ork Flak gun for a Flak pickup
Planed:
This time a small, change. I want to focus on one thing to actually try out Legions Imperialis!
  • Legions Imperialis army - something small to check the system. Need a list that I can build up to/from.

Finished:
  • 6mm
    • 6 x "Steel Bendaz" Ork scratch build Fighter (Repainted entirely!)
    • 1x new Ork Landa
    • 1x Ork Tank
    • 1x  Ork Flak pickup (without the Flak gun)
    • 4x Stompa
    • 9x containers
    • 3x Imperial Guard Super heavy tanks
    • 1x big FSD archive building with a radar dish
    • 2x FSD small listening towers
  • 28mm
    • 1x skeleton with a hand weapon
    • Upgraded 2x Dark Elf Witch
That's quite a lot!

Comments