(07,08,09)/2024 Hobby Summary

Recap from the work in progress on 06,2024:

 WIP:

  • 3 Skeletons with hand weapons (28mm)
  • Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - drop?
  • Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squad - added some gold and red. Still thinking about dropping these
  • Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - drop? finish? Not sure!
  • Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint
  • two  6mm Orkish warbuggies
  • one 6mm Ork Flak gun for a Flak pickup
It's been quite a while ;/ I did miss this a bit so I'm jumping back on the blogging train (let me know in the comment if anyone is reading this or am I just posting for the bots :D)

The plan was to focus on a single thing, to actually test out Legions Imperialis!
I am proud to say that that plan was a success! However, there are some ... consequences. 
I don't like the game. It's not a terrible game, don't get me wrong. 
It's just that I have quite a lot of Epic Armageddon games played and as a direct inheritor of the "Epic" title LI is not up to the task. In comparison to Armageddon, it's crude and dull and honestly, I play it only to meet new people and potentially pull them into Armageddon). 

I don't want to go into too much detail, because that could be a video in and of its own (which I would love to make)! 
I just want to say that any initial energy that I had to prepare an army faded away quicker than the rare rainfall in the Sahara desert. I have quite a few original units (still on sprues thank zod) and absolutely zero motivation to do anything with them for this game. 
I was thinking of buying some Marines to prepare a force for Epic Armageddon with nice new miniatures (and LI) but that idea faded almost as quickly as my motivation.

I started working on some units (which you will see in the update below) and will finish them because I wanted to paint something pink-ish and nothing can stop me :D But if you were expecting lots of LI battle reports then not in the near future.

If you were wondering how was I able to play without taking units of sprues then the answer is: a LOT of imperial guard and enlisted (Full Spectrum Dominance) units!


Soo how does the state of the board look after these few months? Actually not much has changed since I focused my rare hobby time on printing new items that I could paint rather than on painting (which I can do in the more cold season since I only run my printer outside for safety reasons)


Almost Done:
  • Ankylo miniatures 6-8mm Vostroyan command squad
I can't say that they are done because for my demo game I just stuck them on a clear base with tack. I kind of like that solution but I'm not 100% sold on it just yet.

Since I had a game planned I decided to paint up at least in some basic colours my tanks and boy did it go well!

 WIP

  • Four 8mm scale Kratos tanks
  • One 8mm scale predator 
  • Two 8mm scale Baneblade tanks
  • One 6mm scale "small" Enlisted Behemoth
  • One 6mm scale "big" Enlisted Behemoth head
  • Full Spectrum Dominance - Enlisted infantry and Artillery - drop?
  • two  6mm Orkish warbuggies
  • one 6mm Ork Flak gun for a Flak pickup
  • six stands of 6mm Dark Eldar infantry
I will not be continuing work on:
  • Panthera Warforge 3 units of infantry - drop? finish? Not sure!
  • 3 Skeletons with hand weapons (28mm)
  • Some 6mm architectonic diorama cars - these I just do when I have some leftover paint
At least not until I finish/drop the things that are in the WIP section.

As for plans for the future:

  • LI is a miss for me I will probably play it occasionally but with little to no investment.
  • There is a big wargaming convention planned for November (Gladius) which I enlisted for with Full Spectrum Dominance so I will need to work on some "scatter" type terrain, or maybe an entire new army for demo games!
  • At the time of writing Full Spectrum Dominance wave 3 is in progress so I have 2 new armies printed (and I followed up with more units for wave 2, sooo have A LOT of potential units to paint).
Other than that I hate to say that neither fantasy gaming nor Gaslands are "hot topics" they will probably float around but it does not look like I will be picking them up as a main interest any time soon.

Let's see what the future brings!

Łódź 2024-10-09

Comments