Epic Armageddon Mega battle AMTL vs Eldar Epic Armageddon

Just a short introduction, this report was supposed to be a video unfortunately due to technical issues it is not. This version is based on the few pictures that I took during the game

We decided to say goodbye to 2019 with a big bang playing a mega Epic Armageddon battle. Details regarding army build were already published earlier if you are interested in those take a look at the previous post.

Because the assumption was to end the year with a big bang I posted a pool on Facebook what kind of army should I play. Most of you decided that I should take a surprise army (which was on my mind for a very long time) meaning the Adeptus Mechanicus Titan Legions.
I will be fielding them using the Epic UK list since the house Gryphonicus has some flaws that I did not like at the time. Below are all of the units that I needed to print and paint in the few days before the game.

1 Reaver Titan
4 Warhound Titans
8 Robots
6 Thunderbolt Fighters
2 Marauder Bombers

Quite a lot of printing and not that much time to paint (only 2 days) meant, that I had to cut a lot of corners and will probably return to them someday to upgrade their paint job (probably at the time when I print another Reaver and a Warlord.


My opponents were the Eldar Biel-Tan

First moves are hiding behind all available and receiving artillery fire on the Void Shields. Important not to future self. The walker ability allows you to reroll dangerous terrain tests, use it to hide INSIDE terrain and gain the -1 in cover modifier!

An absurd amount of anti-aircraft fire is very successful at keeping my fighters at bay this turn. I use most of them to simply sink the initiative. Not the best usage, but a quite good one, flying them in with that much active AA would ba suicide run!

I move my Reaver Titan to shoot up the lesser Eldar Titans. I manage to do two points of damage on the first one and one on the other with an additional critical hit to its holo fields.

As a trade-off  the Reaver gets shot up very badly and suffers a critical hit do it its reactor. Unfortunately, it will not live till the end of the turn despite hiding it behind the second Reaver which might have been a mistake (smaller that moving the first machine up so far) I should have probably minimized my losses since Michał focuses on a single target to take it down sooner.

Warhound sneaks by and sends a plasma shot into the falcons which cripples the AA and allows me to fly in with my bombers later on.





Second Reaver moves in front of the first one to shield his shieldless brother.



Maraudery pod ostrzalem minimalnego Aa zrzucala ladunek na eldarskiegi tytana i schowana za nim artylerie, niestety bez większych sukcesów

Under minimal AA fire, Marauder bombers dive in and drop their bombs on the big Titan and the artillery hidden behind him. Unfortunately without much success.


Warhounds take up position behind the hills.


Eldar Phantom Titan shoots at my single Warhound. Thankfully the damage does not kill it


Second pair of Warhounds take position in the Oasis preparing for next turn.


Two cobras jump from cover and deal nine points of Titan Killer damage sending the first damaged Reaver to meet the Emperor.


I win initiative and begin my turn by eliminating the cobras with my Warlord. Next, I retain the initiative and activate the single Warhound to move out of line of sight of the Phantom and fire at the Void Spinner. The result is minimal. The target is neither destroyed nor broken, just a single point of damage.

 

Falcons strip my second Reaver of its Shields and the revenants deal a single point of damage


Warhounds move to support the single brother and unleash a Plazma barrage that completely eliminates the Revenant titans.


Falcons start their dance of blocks. 
On the right side, you can see the recently broke ReaverTitan with a damaged reactor.


Thunderbolts break the second Falcon unit eliminating the crossfire.


Robots go into overwatch.


Marauder bombers drop their bombs not breaking the falcon units unfortunately I should have remembered that besides bombs they also have they should all guns that might have made the difference.


Bikers assault my robots eliminating all but one.


Thunderbolts soften the Falcons.



The Warlord Titan in its final activation destroys the Jetbikes which have blocked his move. Although satisfying it does not give me much pleasure since their main objective was to block my titan from marching on the enemy half of the table and deny them a victory point.



The game ends with an Eldar victory in turn three. The score is 2 to nothing or maybe even (three to nothing).

AMTL jest trudna do grania armia, jej jednostki są potężne, całkiem wytrzymałe ale strasznie mało mobilne i mało liczebne. Samoloty ratują ilość aktywacji, ale nie dają nic czym można by zdobywać cele.

AMTL is a hard army to play its units are very tough but really slow and low on numbers.  
There are also not a lot of them so you need to focus on keeping them alive. Taking additional aircraft formations is a way to bolster your activation count but we have to keep in mind that:
This list can only take 1/6 of its points in aircraft (usually 1/3) and the more interesting issue, aircraft formations do not capture objectives!
If you would like to read more I made a dedicated article about the Warlord Titan.

I'm very happy with the fact that I actually made this army. For sure you will see it on the battlefield many times more (or probably you already saw them with your keen eyes) because it was a real pleasure to play them. Their tactics are completely different to what I'm used to, it forms a nice refreshing change!

Comments